3 days tour – South Sudan
Venture into South Sudan with our exclusive tour to Juba and the authentic Mundari Camp. Traverse the bustling streets of Juba, the nation’s pulse, and then transition to the serene settings of the Mundari Camp, where traditions run deep and life beats to an age-old rhythm. Experience a rare blend of urban vibrancy and cultural richness, all in one unforgettable journey.
|Days||3 days / 2 nights|
|Price||Get in touch|
|Best travel time||Whole year|
Transport on the ground
Lunch and dinner at the Mundari Camp
1 Camera permit
Additional camera permits
Tip for the guide
Day 1 – Juba – Mundari Camp
- Morning arrival in Juba.
- Airport pick up and start with the city tour.
- Highlight: We visit Konyo Konyo, the biggest market in South Sudan. Here you’ll see the unique tribal mix of South Sudan.
- See the Juba University, a great place to meet the future leaders of this young African nation.
- Pay a visit to Jubek Tomb, one of the most important figures in the history of South Sudan. His history is also linked to many of the current tensions in the country.
- In the afternoon we start our drive to the Mundari Camp. As the Mundari are nomads we’ll never know how long the drive to the camp is. It can be any time between 15 minutes and 3 hours!
- Along the way we pass by small rural villages, great spots for photos.
- Highlight: Upon arrival in the Mundari Camp we’ll meet the local chief who will grant us access to the camp. By sunset all the herders return to the camp with their livestock. The Mundari are known for creating mist with smoke, which is used to repel mosquitos. This creates a very unique setting which is amazing for photos.
- Overnight stay in our own camp, right next to the Mundari camp.
Day 2 – Mundari Camp – Juba
- Highlight: Early wake up to see the start of the day at the Mundari Camp. The herders prepare their cattle for the day, as they leave the camp in the morning.
- After an early lunch, we return to Juba to fresh up at our hotel.
- John Garang Mausoleum, a revolutionary leader who promoted the concept of Sudanism, creating unity under all the different cultures that live in South Sudan.
- We take a short hike up to Jebel Kujur. This is highest point of Juba and from here we have a great view over the city.
- Visit to the local craft market.
- Overnight stay in Juba.
Day 3 – Juba
- Airport drop off.