12 days tour – Todos Venezuela!
A trip of Venezuela includes stops in Caracas, the capital city, Angel Falls in Canaima National Park, Merida, the outdoor capital, the verdant Llanos area noted for its animals, the spectacular Andes highlands, and Choroni with its gorgeous beach. This journey allows you to view some of the country’s most famous attractions, including Caracas’s towering skyscrapers, the beautiful Angel Falls, Merida’s dynamic metropolis, the huge grasslands of the Llanos, the towering peaks of the Andes, and the gorgeous beach of Choroni. Each place offers one-of-a-kind experiences and memories that highlight Venezuela’s rich culture and natural beauty.
Flights to and from Caracas to Canaima National Park depart only on Thursday and Sunday.
|Days||12 days / 11 nights|
|Best travel time||January – June|
|Destinations||Caracas, Canaima National Park, Llanos, Choroni, Andes, Merida|
Transportation on the ground
Breakfast, lunch, dinner in C.N.P.
Food & drinks
Canaima National Park fee ($40)
Tips for the guide
Day 1 – Wednesday – Caracas
- Arrival in Caracas with airport pick up and meet our guide.
- Highlight: We will visit the Eternal Commander Hugo Chavez Mausoleum in Cuartel de la Montaña. His mausoleum is located in one of the socialist districts of the city; 23 Onero.
- We head for the historical centre of Caracas. Once this area was full with tourists admiring the old colonial architecture, now it’s just the Venezuelans who are doing their shopping here.
- We’ll visit Simon Bolivar’s Birthhouse and the National Pantheon, the place where he is buried.
- During our walk we’ll come across Plaza Bolivar (the main square of the city), the Cathedral, City Hall and the National Assembly.
- We’ll take the car and head for Próceres, the street is heavily controlled by military, as this is the street where all the military parades take place.
- Next to it is the Monumento a los Próceres, two giant walls with images of the most important figures of the Venezuelan history.
- Overnight stay in a hotel close to the airport.
Day 2 – Thursday – Caracas – Canaima National Park
- Early in the morning we’ll head to the airport for our flight to Canaima National Park, located in the southeast of the country.
- At 8:30 AM we take a flight to Canaima National Park.
- Upon arrival you’ll meet the local guide who will take us around Canaima National Park. When you arrive you will also meet the small group (max. 8 persons) who will join you on the trip to Angel Falls.
- Highlight: After a short drive we take our motorized canoe for the trip to Angel Falls. On the way we sail through the Carrao and the Churún river while we have a beautiful landscape in the background. The boat trip will take around 4/5 hours, but we’ll break it up with a lunch stop at a waterfall, next to the river.
- Highlight: After a last stop on a pink beach we’ll take the final stretch to our camp, next to Angel Falls, flowing from the top of Mount Auyán-Tepuy. With a height of approx. 1 km the waterfall is the highest in the world.
- Our local guide, including cooks will prepare an amazing meal for us, while we can see from our camp Angel Falls.
- At night we’ll sleep in hammock, from which you’ll have a view of the fall.
Day 3 – Friday – Canaima National Park
- After breakfast we cross the river and start the hike through the jungle (around 1.5h) to Angel Falls.
- Highlight: Our first stop is the Mirrador Salto Angel, from where you’ll have a picture-perfect view of the falls.
- Next is another hour treck to the Japanese viewpoint (named after the Japanese who often came here for quick photos). Here you’ll see the falls from the side.
- Time for a swim! We descent to the Angel Falls pool, where you can swim in the water coming directly from the top.
- We return to our camp where a freshly prepared lunch will be waiting for us.
- After lunch we take our motorized canoe again and we return to the start of Canaima National Park.
- We’ll stop this time at Mayupa Village, a small village where the people still live a traditional life.
- Once more we’ll spend a night in our comfortable hammock with falling asleep to the sound of frogs and crickets.
Day 4 – Saturday – Canaima National Park
- We’ll have breakfast in the village, after which we’ll say goodbye to them. Time to slowly head back to the main village of Canaima.
- Highlight: After a short boat ride and hike we arrive at Sapo Falls. First we’ll see it from the top and afterwards we descent down and take a walk behind the falls. An incredible experience as the waterfall is extremely powerful and intimidating. You will return completely soaked, but also full with adrenaline!
- Highlight: We’ll take a short hike towards the beach at Canaima Lagoon. Take a dip in the water before we head to the Hacha Falls. Due to the enormous power of the water we can only watch it from our boat, but it’s still an incredible experience.
- When we arrive in Canaima village we’ll head to the Posada were we’ll stay for the night. Not a hammock this time, but a real bed!
- Free time to explore the village of Canaima or to hang around at the beach and take a dip.
- We’ll head for dinner at the local school, where they prepared a special local dinner for us.
- Overnight stay in Canaima village.
Day 5 – Sunday – Canaima National Park – Caracas – Choroni
- After breakfast we say goodbye to our local guide before we head for the tiny airport to catch our 9.30 AM flight back to Caracas.
- Upon arrival in Caracas we’ll get in the car for our drive towards Choroni, one of Venezuela’s best hidden beach destinations.
- Highlight: Relax at the at the stunning beach.
- Overnight stay in Choroni.
Day 6 – Monday – Choroni – Henri Pittier National Park
- A relaxing day around Choroni.
- Highlight: We visit the Henri Pittier National Park, located around Choroni.
- Overnight stay in Choroni.
Day 7 – Tuesday – Choroni – Llanos
- We’ll leave the coast and make our way south towards the Andes mountains.
- Along the way we make various stops to enjoy the incredible scenery.
- Depending on the final arrival time we’ll try to squeeze in a late afternoon wildlife observation.
- Overnight stay in Llanos.
Day 8 – Wednesday – Llanos – Hato El Cedral
- Highlight: After breakfast we start our full day with wildlife observations. The tours will be done by truck, foot and boat.
- During our tours we’ll likely encounter howler monkeys, giant anteaters, alligators, capybara, giant river otters and anacondas.
- Overnight stay in Hato El Cedral.
Day 9 – Thursday – Hato El Cedral – Paramo – Andes
- We take a morning tour around Hato El Cedral before we hit the road again to make our way north towards the Andes mountains.
- Highlight: We make our way towards Paramo, known as the highlands of the Andes. Here you’ll experience an incredible scenery, completely different then around the Llanos area.
- We’ll stop at various pitoresque villages like Tabay, Mucuchies and San Raffael, the highest town in Venezuela at 3300m.
- Overnight stay in San Raffael.
Day 10 – Friday – Andes – Sierra Nevada National Park – Merida
- Drive to Sierra Nevada National Park. One of the most beautiful national parks in Venezuela.
- Highlight: We’ll start the morning with an amazing 2h hike between two glacier lakes, from Laguna de Mucabaji to Lago Victoria.
- After this we drive towards Mirador al Domo de Mifafí. The tops are around 4000m high, with incredible landscapes.
- We’ll head towards Merida with along the way various stops. The city is famous for its revolts agains the government, whch means you’ll see lots of socialist street art around the town. The city is also known as the extreme sports capital of Venezuela.
- Overnight stay in Merida.
Day 11 – Saturday – Andes – Sierra Nevada National Park – Merida
- Highlight: In the morning we will take a short walking tour through Merida. During the city walk we’ll see the Plaza Heroinas, Paza de Milla and the Mérida Bolivarian Library.
- We visit a huming birds feeding show. This part of the country is famous for it’s huming birds and it’s quite a unique experience to see.
- Departure to El Vieja for our flight back to Caracas.
- Overnight stay in a hotel close to the airport of Caracas.
Day 12 – Sunday – Caracas
- Airport drop off.
- End of the tour.