Tourist visa for Syria
After 1.5 year of closure, Syria has resumed tourist visa. Since this week tourist visas are issues again for most Western countries (including USA). While it’s still very recent news, several announcements have already been made about the new regulations.
- It’s only possible to arrive via Lebanon, Jordan or Damascus Airport.
- For now you have to arrive via a certified agency, they will make sure that you’ll get security clearance so that you can get your visa upon arrival at the border. We are a certified partner for this.
- Visa costs are around €70 but it depends on the nationality.
- It takes between 15 to 30 days to get security clearance, for Americans it might take longer.
- COVID-19 restrictions: upon arrival you need to present a negative PCR-test (max 72 hours)
Currently it’s safe to travel around Syria except for the regions that are not controlled by the government. That means you can opt for a quick visit to Damascus, or tour around Aleppo, Homs, Palmyra and/or Latakia. We have a group tour in March, if you are more keen in joining a group. It’s gonna be a small group so make sure to book early!
Questions or do you need more info? Contact us now!