4 days tour – Meet ‘n Greet Transnistria
Discover one of the most incredible corners of Europe – the self-declared independent state of Transnistria. Since the 1990s, this region has functioned separately from the government in Chisinau (Moldova). A visit to Transnistria means a step back into the old Soviet era. Hammers, sickles and Lenin are still commonplace here. During the tour you will get acquainted with this amazing country. You will also have a private driver at your disposal every day. Our driver is a former Transnistrian border guard and he was a member of the Transnistrian commandos. Instead of Chisinau you can also choose to start and end the tour in Odessa (Ukraine).
|Days||4 days / 3 nights|
|Price||Get in touch|
|Best travel time||Whole year|
Transportation on the ground
Lunch & Dinner
Tips for the guide
Day 1 – Chisinau – Tiraspol
- You will be picked up at your hotel in Chisinau (Moldova), from where you will depart for Tiraspol.
- Overnight stay in Tiraspol, Transnistria.
Day 2 – Tiraspol
- Billboard of President Smirnoff, this man ruled the republic for years.
- Highlight: Embassies of South Ossetia and Abkhazia, two special embassies that only exist here.
- Office of the infamous Sheriff organisation. This organisation controls the majority of Transnistria.
- House of the Soviets, an impressive building with Stalinist architecture.
- Pobedi Park, here the Transnistrians come to relax.
- University of Tiraspol.
- Statue of General Suvorov, including flags of South Ossetia, Transnistria and Nagorno-Karabakh.
- Highlight: Parliament building, in front of the building is a large statue of Lenin.
- Eternal Flame War Memorial, memorial to the Afghanistan War, Second World War and civil war.
- Travel to the other side of the Dniester River by boat to experience life there.
- Palace of Culture, with a big Lenin bust in front.
- Highlight: Russian Orthodox Church, a beautiful self-sufficient church.
- Kvient Supermarket, here you can buy cheap quality drinks.
- Viewpoint over the city and the place where a great battle took place during the Second World War.
- Overnight stay in Tiraspol.
Day 3 – Bender – Tiraspol
- Drive to Bender, a city where there was a lot of fighting during the civil war.
- Highlight: Local Soviet market, with a bit of imagination you are back in the 80s.
- Bender Cathedral, many people from the region come here to get married.
- City Hall, the building is standing the same as it was during the civil war, including the bullet holes.
- Walk through Lenin Park.
- Cinema, still completely in the style of the Soviet Union.
- Visit to the renovated train station.
- Highlight: Soviet train from the Second World War, it is parked next to the station as a monument.
- Transnistrian Navy Headquarters.
- Tank Monument.
- Visit a Bulgarian village, including a Second World War Memorial and Soviet Cultural Centre.
- Highlight: Soviet Red Army Bunkers.
- Drive to Tiraspol.
- Overnight stay in Tiraspol.
Day 4 – Tiraspol – Chisinau
- Drive to Chisinau.
- End of tour.