Go off the beaten track in Syria
Have you been before in Syria? Or do you prefer to stay longer in Syria to discover new parts of the country? If yes, then this is the perfect tour for you. During our alternative tour we’ll bring you to off the beaten path locations like the country side, Tartous, Latakia and the Golan Heights.
|Start date||Thursday 23 February 2023|
|End date||Thursday 2 March 2023|
|Days||7 days / 6 nights|
Combo: € 2,095
Transportation on the ground
Western & local guide
Single room (€ 45 per night)
Lunch & dinner
Tips for the guide
Friday 24 February – Beirut (Lebanon) – Damascus
- 8:30 AM – Meet the group and departure to Damascus from Beirut.
- Lebanon / Syria border crossing.
- Drive to Damascus, the capital of Syria.
- Meet the other group members who arrive from the Syria Spring Tour.
- Afternoon tour of Damascus.
- Visit Bimaristan an-Nuri and Khan As’ad Pasha, an old caravanserai.
- Overnight in Damascus.
Saturday 25 February – Maaloula – Mishtaya
- We will drive into the mountains of Syria, close to Homs.
- Highlight: We will stay in the village of Mishtaya. Here you can wander around and see what rural life is in Syria.
- Wine and rakia tasting on a farm.
- Overnight stay with a local family.
Sunday 26 February – Mishtaya – Tartous – Latakia
- We say goodbye to the family and continue towards the coast.
- Arrival in the city of Tartous, with a small city tour.
- Highlight: Boat ride to Arwad Island. A unique visit, as it has seen barely any tourists since the re-opening of Syria.
- Upon return in Tartous we will drive to Latakia.
- Overnight stay in Latakia.
Monday 27 February – Latakia – Hama
- Walk around Latakia and enjoy the view of the Mediterranean Sea.
- Visit to the Tomb of Hafez Al-Assad, up in the mountains around Latakia.
- Drive to Hama.
- Overnight stay in Hama.
Tuesday 28 February – Hama – Damascus
- Highlight: Visit to the famous Beehive Houses in Al Shikh Helal. For many years this used to be one of the main tourist attractions of the country.
- Drive to Damascus.
- Visit the October War Museum to learn more about the conflict with Israel.
- Overnight stay in Damascus
Wednesday 1 March – Damascus
- Drive towards the Golan Height, and more precisely the city of Al Qunaitera. This city was heavily damaged during the war in 1973.
- Highlight: We will make a tour to the hill from where we have a view on the Israel city of Majdal Shams.
- Return to Damascus.
- Optional visit to the hammam. A truly unique experience in Syria. Men and women are separated, but our guides will make sure everything will be organized.
- Overnight in Damascus
Thursday 2 March – Damascus
- Drive to the border with Lebanon
- Border crossing Syria / Lebanon.
- Drive to Beirut.
- End of tour.