5 days tour – Cultural Saudi Arabia
During this 5-day tour you will get acquainted with the middle and southern parts of Saudi Arabia. In Riyadh and Jeddah you will mainly see the modern side of the country, while in the south you will see more of the old culture and traditions. The South is known as a colourful region with many influences of Yemeni culture.
|Days||5 days / 4 nights|
|Price||Get in touch|
|Best travel time||Spring, autumn, winter|
|Destinations||Riyadh, Abha, Jeddah|
Transportation on the ground
Lunch & Dinner
Tips for the guide
Day 1 – Riyadh
- Arrival in the country’s capital: Riyadh.
- Meet your guide. He will tell you more about the trip and the country.
- Overnight stay in Riyadh.
Day 2 – Riyadh
- Highlight: National Museum, the most important museum of Saudi Arabia.
- National Museum Park, one of the best and most beautiful parks in Saudi Arabia.
- Hall of King Abdulaziz, the showroom of all the cars of the former king.
- Visit to Murraba Palace. This palace was the former home of King Abdulaziz.
- Highlight: Deira Souk, this market is known for its many copper products. You will also find traditional daggers and knives here.
- Al Masmak Fort, an old building made of mud and clay. The fort was one of the most important places in the creation of present-day Saudi Arabia.
- Imam Turki bin Abdullah Mosque, this is the largest mosque in Riyadh and can accommodate 17,000 people.
- Overnight stay in Riyadh.
Day 3 – Riyadh – Abha
- Flight to Abha, a large city in the south of the country and the capital of the province of Asir.
- Highlight: We make a short drive outside Abha and visit Al Soudah National Park. On the way you will see monkeys along the road, while we slowly reach the highest peak of Saudi Arabia (Jabal Sawda at 3000m). Here you will be surrounded by lush green valleys with incredible views of the surroundings.
- By cable car we go to El Sahab Park. Here you are literally above the clouds.
- We visit the Shada Castle. A traditional mud house that nowadays houses a museum.
- Highlight: Al Muftaha Art Village, a local progressive artists’ district in the centre. Here you will also find beautiful Asirian buildings.
- Visit to the Jabal Al Akhdar Mountain. This mountain is lit daily by green lamps, which gives it a magical effect.
- Overnight stay in Abha.
Day 4 – Abha – Jeddah
- Flight to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia’s most progressive city, located on the Red Sea.
- Highlight: Walk through old Jeddah (Al Balad), where you can find many old Ottoman houses. Most of these houses are built of coral and reinforced with wood as the beams cross the inner walls.
- Nasif House and Baashen House, the most famous houses from the Ottoman period.
- The Mecca Gate and North Gate, these are located on the outskirts of the district.
- Al Tayebat International City Museum, in this beautiful museum you will learn more about the history, architecture, culture and Islamic art of Saudi Arabia.
- Drive over the Corniche, the street along the Red Sea.
- Floating Mosque, one of the most famous places of Jeddah.
- Overnight stay in Jeddah.
Day 5 – Jeddah
- Airport drop off.
- End of tour.